President Muhammadu Buhari, on Sunday, condemned the bestial massacre of 25 Nigerians by blood-mongering bandits who invaded some villages in Sokoto State and unleashed mayhem, leaving sorrow, tears and blood in their trails.
The 25 Nigerians were massacred when the bandits attacked three communities in Rabah Local Government Area of the state between Saturday evening and Sunday morning.
In a statement issued Mallam Garba Shehu, Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, said the president was alarmed by the development.
“The President, who was briefed about the incident and the arrests so far made by the Police, condoles with Governor Aminu Tambuwal and the people of the State over the tragic incident, the statement said.
“President Buhari strongly condemns all acts of violence and terrorism against innocent Nigerians, reiterating that perpetrators and sponsors of such dastardly acts would be held accountable under the law.
“The President prays for the quick recovery of all those injured and assures that his administration will not relent in the fight to neutralise terrorists, bandits and kidnappers around the country.”