The Police High Command, Thursday, in Abuja, paid glowing tribute to the memories of the three crack police operatives killed by soldiers while on a covert operation to Taraba State, to arrest a suspected millionaire kidnap kingpin, Alhaji Hamisu Bala Wadume.
Please, read on:
TRIBUTE TO THE POLICE OFFICERS KILLED BY SOLDIERS IN TARABA STATE ON 6TH AUGUST, 2019
- Insp. Mark Edaile, from Edo State
· Sgt. Usman Danzumi, from Taraba State
· Sgt. Dahiru Musa, from Taraba State.
The gallant, outstanding IRT team attacked by soldiers in Taraba State consists of some of the most disciplined, proficient and hardworking police investigators in the service of the nation.
Until their untimely death in the hands of soldiers of 93 Battalion Takum, Taraba State, these officers have participated in several high profile and high risk arrests, rescue missions and investigative operations. Some of these operations include:
The arrest of Nigeria’s most notorious kidnap kingpin, Evans.
· The arrest of twenty (22) Boko Haram Terrorists responsible for the 2014 kidnapping of the Chibok School Girls in Borno State.
· The arrest of UMAR Abdulmalik, the overall Boko Haram Commander of North Central Nigeria and several of his group members.
· The arrest of the kidnappers of two American and two Canadian citizens in Kaduna State.
· And most recently, the rescue of Magajin Garin Daura in Kano State and arrest of the thirteen (13) terrorists responsible for the kidnapping of the Magajin Garin Daura in his home town Daura, Katsina State on 1st May 2019, among many other outstanding feats.
The Inspector General of Police, IGP M.A. Adamu, NPM, mni commiserates with the families, friends and professional colleagues of the fallen heroes, reassuring them that their death will not be in vain.
The IGP equally calls for calm among Nigerians as efforts are in top gear to unravel the mystery surrounding this bizarre crime.
May their souls rest in peace!
DCP FRANK MBA
FORCE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER