The General Manager of the Nigeria Television Authority, NTA, Abeokuta, Mrs. Funmi Wakama, has canvassed the support of corporate organisations and public-spirited Nigerians towards the upgrading of the station, which, according to her, was “set up to serve the interest of the government and good people of Ogun State.”
The General Manager made the appeal during the presentation of an Isuzu utility vehicle donated to the station by the immediate past Governor of Ogun State, now a member of the Nigerian Senate, Senator Ibikunle Amosun.
Mrs. Wakama who was obviously thrilled by the show of support, expressed her profound gratitude and that of her team to Senator Ibikunle Amosun, promising that the “Utility vehicle will enable us to carry out our duties more efficiently.”
“Let me assure you that my team and I will continue to develop programmes that will ensure effective service delivery to our viewers,” the General Manager added.
Presenting the vehicle to the General Manager on behalf of Senator Amosun, his Special Adviser on Media, Alhaji Bola Adeyemi, said the vision and modest achievements of the Wakama-led administration, as well as her single-minded determination to return NTA Abeokuta to its golden era, was the reason behind the gesture.
The donation, Adeyemi added, was also part of Senator Amosun’s efforts at helping the media industry in the state, and Nigeria as a whole, to grow.
“With the car gift,” Adeyemi concluded, “Senator Ibikunle Amosun has sustained his tradition of supporting the station which is under his constituency.”
Mrs. Wakama, who brought greetings from her boss and Director General of the NTA, Mallam Yakubu Ibn Mohammed, to the august gathering, also highlighted some of her team’s achievements since she mounted the saddle of leadership at NTA Abeokuta.
In her exact words, these include:
* Facilitation of this 12 Panel Solar Power Borehole by Ogun Osun River Basin Development Authority
* Facilitation of the donation of three (3) vehicles to the station by public spirited Nigerians: Nissan Micra by NTA Abeokuta Pioneers Forum; Toyota Camry donated by Sweet Estate Unique Properties; and a Isuzu Utility Vehicle by the immediate past Governor of Ogun State and now serving Senator, representing Ogun Central Senatorial District, most distinguished Senator, Ibikunle Amosun, CON, FCA.
* Restoration of Public Power Supply to Ogbe after nine (9) years of black-out
* Successful migration into Non-Linear transmission of news and programmes transmission
* Commencement of 24hours Transmission on Startimes Platform
* Setting Up Digital Media Platforms for broadcasting (NTA Abeokuta Social Media platforms)
* Placement of NTA Abeokuta mobile app on google playstore and approval with google adsense on the website
* Regular payment of salaries for out-sourced staff
* Re-roofing of Oke Egunya studio building
* Upgrading of transmitter vision output from 0.9KW to 3.3KW and Sound from 0Watts to 340Watts in January 2018. This we have suspended due to paucity of funds
– Installation of Internet Services (Wi-Fi) both at Ogbe and Oke Egunya
– Coverage of 12 Live Events in 2018
– Sponsorship of staff for conferences and in- house training for staff
* Purchase of numerous computer systems for operational use
* Commencement of Staff of the Year and month award as directed by DG
*Prompt payment of 25% fiscal responsibility and other statutory dues
* Procurement of gen. sets
* Creation of Synergy with public and private broadcast organisations.
The list of our success stories knows no bound as God has helped us to achieve so much within this short period of time.
My deepest appreciation to those who, in spite of our challenges, would rather look at modest achievements, believe in us, and have supported us.
Before I conclude, I want to solicit the support of ALL towards the upgrading of this great broadcasting station, set up, to serve the interest of the government and good people of Ogun State.
Your Excellency, we are thrilled by your support as your donation of this Utility vehicle will enable us to carry out our duties more efficiently.
For this, we are extremely grateful.
Let me assure you that my team and I will continue to develop programmes that will ensure effective service delivery to our viewers.